Embedded System Applications in Real Life
Embed systems in the real world.
Embedded Systems are taking over our lives. As you learn more about electronics, you should pay more attention to embedded systems, but many people don’t think about them enough. Think about laptops, computers, and cameras when you talk about technology. You also think about phones and tablets.
There are embedded systems that run them, but you don’t think about or talk about them at all. The embedded system is what we’re going to talk about here. We’ll also show you some examples of embedded systems in the real world.
An Embedded System is a type of computer system with both hardware and software inside it. It is used to do a certain job. Programming isn’t always possible based on the type of application you have. The main part of an embedded system is a microcontroller, which the name implies. It controls all of the things that the system needs to do.
Mobile phones, digital cameras, laptops, washing machines, and tablets are examples of embedded systems in the real world. Mobile phones, laptops, and tablets are all part of a computer system. Digital Watches and traffic lights are not. Washing machines are not complete computer systems, but they are built into them.
There are many models of embedded systems in the real world. Some of them are here for you to see. Look around.
This is one of the most well-known examples of embedded systems in real life.
There are a lot of embedded systems out there, but the calculator is by far the most common one. To solve our math problems, we all use calculators to live our daily lives now.
An embedded system called a calculator was made a long time ago.
Add, Subtract, and a built-in computer in the calculator do other functions. The result is shown on the LCD screen.
- Scientific calculators are now used. They have a very powerful processor.
- These calculators can do very complicated math functions.
- These calculators can be made to do things.
- Because of the embedded system, these scientific calculators can do more than simple calculators can do.
Robots that work in the factory
- There is a lot of sample of embedded systems in business.
- Today, every step in the process is being moved toward being automated.
- This is why we need to talk about Industrial Robots as a major use of embedded Systems.
- Industrial robots come in many different shapes and sizes, and each shape has a different number of jobs to do.
- A lot of industrial roots can move tools and parts and other things.
- Some of the robots are used to make different types of equipment, while others are used to put together different parts of equipment.
- These Robots with Embedded Systems have helped them work more quickly.
- These robots are used a lot in places where it’s hard for humans to get there.
- If you want to understand how the industrial robot works as part of a bigger system, you need to know about automated painting robots first.
Painting robots are used a lot these days.
- Today, robots have cut down on the need for humans because they can do the job in less time and with better results.
- Programming is used to control how the robots do their jobs.
- People already know how long it will take to finish and how much paint they need.
- Another example of an Industrial Robot is a robot that builds things.
- The job of a robot like this is to put together different parts.
- All of the different parts are collected and put together in the right order to make a finished product.
- There are a lot of industrial robots that use embedded systems.
Digital assistant for your personal use
- If you want to use your Personal Digital Assistant for personal things, it’s just like having a computer in your hand that you can use for that.
- There are a ton of personal, embedded gadgets around you, like data organizers, cell phones, and PDAs.
- A Personal Digital Assistant was used before there was a smartphone around.
- If you have one, you can use it as an information manager. It can also connect to the internet.
- It has a touchscreen that the user can interact with the PDA.
- Using its touchscreen, you enter the data. It has a memory card where the data is stored. There is Bluetooth or wifi so that you can connect to other devices.
- Also, there are Personal Digital Assistant Devices that don’t have a touchscreen.
- People use this device to enter and store information. It is very light and can do a lot of different things.
Automated cashier machine
- You know a lot about ATMs, the machines that let you take money out of your bank account. That is also an example of a system that is built-in.
- An ATM is a computerized device that every Bank must-have.
- You know how the ATM works. You put in your ATM card and password, and then you get your money.
- This machine has a card reader that can read a person’s card and get important information from that card, like their name and address.
- One more thing about the machine is a keypad, from which you can enter your password and other things.
- A screen shows information, a printer that prints the receipts, and a cash dispenser that gives you your money.
- A network is set up through the host computer between a computer at the Bank and a computer at the ATM.
- The bank computer checks all of the data and keeps a record of all the transactions that have been made there, as well.
- The microcontroller does all the work, whether it’s input or output.
- As you can see, that is how this embedded system works.
Machines that wash automatically
- This is also one of the better well-known examples of embedded systems used in real life.
- An embedded system is another thing you might have at home, like a washing machine.
- You put all the dirty clothes in the machine and push the start button.
- Wm is there to measure how much laundry you have put inside.
- Open the valve so the clean water can get inside.
- The valve shuts off based on how much water and load there is.
- The drum of the Washing Machine starts to move. That’s how the washing process starts.
- It opens after the washing cycle to let all the dirty water out.
- An outlet valve opens or closes based on whether or not all the dirty water has been flushed out.
- Our clothes get cleaned over and over again.